Monday, August 08, 2005

Getting to know me

I will probably never have anything interesting to post, but some friends of mine had their own blogs and I thought 'Why not me, I could post something of interest' But in retrospect I fear that I was terribly wrong. Anyways here it is, Nicks Notions. Nick is a 24 year old who spends every waking moment working, training, or coaching, which I like work, but more fun. I play and coach soccer, it is one of my few driving forces in this life. Not only does it drive me, but dictates most of what I do.
When I started this, it was just going to be mostly personal information, but after that last comment I decided to post a question to any who might visit my blog for some reason.
Like I said, I have only a few driving forces in my life, two really, soccer and Katie. Anyways my life really revolves around these two things, is this normal? Should I have more in my life to make me more rounded or complete, or is that all that a person needs, a couple of important features to make life bearable? Let me Know.

Comments:
"Notions" eh? That's very brazen of you Nick. I would say that you must have mustered at least a dollop of courage to use the word notion. I praise your brazenness, your brazenity, your...whatever.
 
In answer to your question, I think you need more. Focus is a good thing, but I think the metaphor of a magnifying glass works well here. It's a very helpful tool, but if you focus too much and some sun shines through, you've torched whatever you're looking at. Of course, if it's ants, more power to you.

On the flip side, I also don't think that Katie and soccer are your only driving forces. You've got plenty of old roommates and friends to draw your attention towards video games and whiskey, brandy, beer etc. You've got enology to think about. You've got Suki. You've got your family and your family's business. Just because you're really focused on two major things, you can't say that you're not well rounded.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]