Friday, February 10, 2006

Baby Sitting

No w I'm almost positive neither one of the other two persons involved in what I am about to say read blogs, but even if they do F'em, maybe they'll learn something (from me, doubtful).

So last night what was supposed to be a fun night of hangin' out and eventually drinking, turned sour so fast. As I was helping Becky move some things last night, my roommate, Alex, was at BC's having drinks and dinner. As I was heading home, he called to have me meet them at Combo's for some beer pong and Golden Tee. While there, my other roommate Jake showed up with some friends. Now Jake and Alex, even though they haven't known each other for all that long, their schedules are very familiar and spend a lot of time together playing computer games late into the night and then again all day until they have to go bartend. The point being they've gotten pretty close. After we leave Combo's Alex and I head to Tuffy's, where Jake used to work, to meet some old friends and say hi. It is at this point that Alex starts to get bent out of shape because he hates Tuffy's, and also he is plastered now and just wants to be defiant, so he throws a fit because he doesn't want to go there. He would rather just meet everyone at Fibber's, our next stop. Eventually I convince him to go to Tuffy's, he was in a mood the whole time and just played Deer Hunter by himself the whole time we were there. When we leave Tuffy's both Alex, Jake, and Jakes two friends pile into my truck and listen to some Steven Lynch, laugh our asses off on the way to Fibber's. We have a couple of rounds, meet some new people, play some dice, it's all gravy. After an hour or so, I go to the bathroom, I come back and sit at Alex's table(now see Alex was at a different table because e he was flirting with some girl, and the rest of us were playing dice sic feet away at another table) and I am there no longer than two minutes and Jake walks up with the tab and Alex blows a frickin' fuse, screaming at Jake. This continues until we leave the bar. Once outside we are walking to our cars, Jake says something under his breath, and with Alex that is never a good idea, and Alex charges him ready to box. So I had to stand between two of my best friends for about 15 minutes last night and yell at Alex like he was a 12 year old and I was his mother sending him to his room. Alex was so intense that on the way home he was grunting and snorting along with breathing extremely heavy. Because eof Alex I couldn't give Jake and his buddies a ride to their friends house they now had to call a cab, which didn't come and I had to call another one for them at about 2:30.

So the point is, if you know Alex, you know the dude is intense, ask Adam he knows. But if something as small as Alex flirting with a girl six feet away instead of playing dice can blow up to those proportions, wow. Now Jake was planning on moving out soon, and leaving us with an empty room and extra rent to pay, but we was going to stay as long as he could and help us out with rent as much as he could after he left. Now he is leaving probably today, even though he won't be leaving Fresno for probably another month and he will not be sending us any money from S.D.

And as fall out from last night, because Jake is leaving Alex is deciding to raise the rent on our two other roommates in the apartment out back. Now they are getting a sweet deal and getting a 750 sq. Ft apartment for like $550(where I pay 450 for my room), but that was the deal, you can't renig it because you got in a fight with a friend, but Alex said it's time they learned to grow up. I have a sneaking suspicion he will continue to burn all his bridges by months end.

THE END

I appreciate you letting me vent for a while, and I am sorry if you actually read the whole thing to have such an anti-climactic ending, burn bridges by months end...done. Sorry it was lame, and I didn't know exactly where I was going with that conclusion so I stopped it. In closing let me say avoid the trivial stuff in life, and always be the bigger person and apologize first no matter how wrong the other person is, because it could possibly end a relationship, peace out.

Comments:
It seems like that living situation is slowly deteriorating. I think you might want to suggest a new place or I'm afraid all the friendships will continue to decline. It doesn't seem like the healthiest of living situations.

When tension is in the air it is not a fun place to go home to. Then you'll just start to notice you make exuses not to go home.

That's my two cents. Take it or leave it.
 
Dude, sorry to hear about that. One more reason why I'm glad I live alone. You're always welcome to come over and have some non-tension-building time at my place. Don't forget the Hotwheels race track man. I'll even vacuum for you.
 
Wow, things kind of went from ok, to bad, to worse in 2 hours with that whole living situation. I didn't see it happening, but now that it has, it doesn't suprise considering the personalities involved. I hope you guys can get more out of Ryan and Rebecca... good luck with that. I am so sorry you are kind of trapped in the middle of this whole thing. Hopefully you guys can just make it work until June, somehow. It's amazing how a fun night of drinking with friends can go wrong so fast! And, ditto to everything Becky said :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]