Friday, February 17, 2006

How much gaming is too much gaming?

I love my roommate, he is a great guy. He has his ups and downs just like the next guy, but the one thing that gets to me is his amazing ability to never stop playing video games, whether on the new 360, the old XBOX or his PC whenever he is at home he is gaming. Tonight, my girls lost a heart breaker 1-0. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do, but I didn't so much want to stay home and watch him game with some friends(I played A game but that is it). Sometimes gaming isn't the end all fix all. But I promised to hangout tonight, so here I am, creating a new post while some friends are in my house playing video games. What a great Friday night. I guess what I would like to know is if there is anyone else out there that games as much as my roommate, or knows someone else who does? Someone who the minute they get home from work, they turn on the console and their partner has to share a conversation with a game, and sometimes even an argument(that is really weird because he wins a lot of them while playing). Anyways, just bored and confused about all sorts of stuff, sorry to bore you with this dribble, enjoy your Friday.

Comments:
I hang out with a few guys that have numerous leagues for some football game, and I don't think it's such a big deal. GAming is fun, and why not, if yo uhave the time. It's a habby and they enjoy it. Of course, it's not in my hose, so I can always leave when I get bored of watching video games and people arguing over coaching decision sor simulated games.
One of the guys is in a halo (neck broken by some dudes in an alley in Denver) so I don't fault him for hanging out and playing video games 18 hours a day.
 
I think they get into it too much. I mean, when I pick up a new game, yeah, I can devote hours to carving out a nice indent in my couch cushions, but that goes away and then I put in maybe two or three hours a week, tops. There are too many other things to do.
 
i suppose it's all perspective. i would say that if it's the only thing you do, you're spending too much time gaming. but, that's because i chose to spend my time doing other things. so, yes, i think your roommate spends too much time gaming. but it's his life. he may say i spend too much time blogging.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]