Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Same goal, new path

So today I realized something, I suck at chemistry. So after receiving my first test back, and being well below the class average, I thought that there is another way. I spent some time during class and really thought about what all was happening in my life and where I was going. Ever since Katie and I broke up, I haven't been able to sit down and study for more than 45 minutes at a time. I also got some help resolving my issues with soccer. I will never do anything big with my life as long as there is still an opportunity for me to play soccer at a competitive level(like Fuego).
After all of that, I made a decision,I am going to move to the Paso Robles area and clear my head of Katie, soccer, school and any other distractions. I am going to work my way into a winery any way I can and try to get some real life experience in a winery. I have a friend in that area that I am hoping can help me, but starting tomorrow, instead of doing homework, I will be working on my resume, and searching for a job and apartment. My folks were suprisingly very supportive and proud of me for coming up with such a plan. My hope is the Paso area, but wherever there is a job that will take me in the field I am looking for is where I go, unless, it is here. I really feel that getting out of Fresno and into some new surroundings will really be beneficial to me in more ways than I can express through words here.
If anyone has any ideas or tips/help, let me know.

Comments:
Good luck, man. I don't know if this will help but my coworker's daughter is a senior at Cal Poly and has a minor in viticulture. She lives in SLO and had an intership for a winery. She might know of something. If you want me to put you in touch with her let me know.
 
like i said last night, brian is starting to look for a place in slo, if you want to get in touch w/him about a place. or just want to touch him.
 
I think it is great you are doing this! Good Luck and I can't wait to visit you. I love wine tasting!
 
hey, i know some winery folk. it would be easier for me to hook you up if you were moving to santa rosa, but i might be able to help you anyway. you have a specific job you want, or what? also, i am really good at chemistry and helping people with chem deficencies (sp?).
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]