Tuesday, March 14, 2006

NCAA Madness

Okay, I've never ran a pool before, so I don't know all of the ins and outs, so if anyone has some input to help me out, it would be appreciated. I was thinking $5 per bracket entered, pool goes to the winner, minus the $5 for the worst performing bracket. Like I said, I don't know how these things normally work and I tried to develop a points system to determine the winner. Sweet 16-1 pt per team, Elite 8-2 pts per team, Final 4-3 pts per team, Final 2-4 pts per team and if you pick the champ-30 pts. I think that should separate someone apart. In case of a tie, split the pool. If you have any suggestions let me know where I screwed up. Games start thrs so get your bracket done asap, maybe by well wed.

Comments:
I think the scoring was more exponential when we did it in college. Something like 1 point for sweet sixteen, 2 points for elite eight, 4 points for final four, 8 points for a championship pick, and 16 points for a winner, but I could be wrong on that.

Check with Jimmie, he'd know.
 
I thought about it, but I didn't know so I tried my own, so does this mean you are in?
 
I am running a pool at my work this year and I have the scoring set up this way: Correctly choosing the winner in the first round is 1 point. Second round winners are 2 points. Third round = 4 points. Basically keep doubling the points for the next round. Doing this should mean that correctly choosing the winner is worth 32 points.

I am also using a bonus points system that gives extra points for upset wins. This is a little more complicated so I will spare you the details. If you want more info I can email you the rules I handed out this year to my coworkers.
 
well i don't think we would need any bonus scoring, ifjimmies sounds good, let's just use jimmies scoring method.
 
When do the games start? How much time to I have to get a bracket to you?
 
i was in one that gave points based on the seeding of the teams that won that you picked. so, if i pick a 15 that beats a 2, i get 15 points. most points win.

i was in another that had similar points to what you proposed, but gave bonus points for picking upsets.
 
the games start thurs and i am not getting too good of a response from my roomates or others. it would be a pretty lame pool if it were just the three of us doing it. i'm still willing if you guys are, the winnings might just be a little less than esciting.
 
Sure, I'll do it, then the winner can take the two losers to have a drink and spend his winnings.
 
Sounds good to me, try and bring a bracket to stones tonight.
 
you guys are sooooooo going down! I will win the bracket just you watch!
 
Let the trash talk begin! KU is going to lose to Bradley. Huge upset, it's going to be awesome!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]