Monday, March 27, 2006

Weekend Produces Two Winners?

Yes folks that is correct, the events that occurred in this past weekend presents us with not one, but two winners.


Suprisingly Ed is one of our winners, and even more suprisingly, me, I am also a winner. I know what you are asking yourself, "but how could that be, his pool sucked?" And you are right my pool did suck, but that didn't stop me from getting some new sunglasses this weekend. I purchased a pair of The Ones by Hoven. Not only are they sweet, they are polorized to protect my baby blues.








Yes, and as I said before Ed has won our pathetically tiny NCAA pool. It would have been Adam, but Ed had one saving grace...he was the only one to pick a Final Four team, Florida. That pick pushed him to a 69, two points over Adam. Becky rounds out the middle with 52 points and yes I get my five bucks back with an astounding 47 points. Sorry to all you losers who didn't win anything this weekend, but now we can watch the rest of the games, which should be great without worrying about who is gonna win.

Comments:
Damn you UCLA!
 
Oh, and nice sunglasses.
 
well, to be truthful, i had ucla losing, so i would have gotten points on that one as well, and still be the winner.

now, i've got to collect the $ from nick, and adam as well who didn't pay in.

booyah florida is my winner.

now i can pull for gmu and ucla without worrying about my bracket being screwed up.
 
you don't get points for picking a team to lose to another team that has already been knocked out of the tourney. silly head.
 
sure, but i'm assuming adam didn't pick ucla. neither did i. so, assuming that the team that we both picked (memphis?) to beat ucla had won and only won that game, it wouldn't have effected the final point total.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
sucks for me...good for you with your sunglasses and five dollars. By the way I looked at Adam's blog your hat is disgusting! I guess I was too drunk to notice. ew! ew! Stick it out side and let the rain wash it today....just like a car. (I don't have to wash my car it's going to be washed soon, it's supposed to rain)
 
ed, you both got points for picking them to the elite 8, but you both picked mempphis, thus giving you NO points, either of you. stop trying to figure out a way to win by more, you already won, gloat quit trying to win bigger.
 
i know. we both picked memphis. i was trying to help adam in his grieving process. he was damning ucla, and i'm assuming that is because they won. i was just helping him by letting him know that that game wasn't the deciding factor.
now, if uconn or texas had won, he would have triumphed. or, if he had memphis in the final two and they reached it, he would have triumphed. i just didn't want him to feel any more anger @ the boys from westwood. in fact, i'd love for him to cheer for our southern brethren, as brian (ucla grad) and i (ucla grad friend) will be doing.

i'll also be rooting for big time underdog, george mason, who i'm sure adam (usually pulls for underdog) will be rooting for.
 
Yeah, I had Memphis in the final game, so either them or UConn would have been fine. I will be cheering for George Mason though.
 
nick, you're still a winner.

hey, if you're coming out tomorrow night, mind bringing my winnings? i'd like to use them for payment for libations.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]