Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Kinda Weird

Okay, yesterday I woke up way late, 8:15, just missed my alarm. So I am late, hung over and tired, I felt like shit almost all day, but I was in decent spirits. Never down and out or too happy, but middle of the road. Surprising for me, usually if I wake up in that kind of a situation I would be in a pretty foul mood.
Fast forward to today. I woke up early, did my morning workout routine, (which has been working great, increased size in chest, arms, shoulders and my sixer is starting to make a comeback, incase you were wondering.) had time to hang out with Suki for a minute, grab breakfast and hit the road to work. A good morning, feeling good, and then I got into my truck and immediately I was hit with a morose feeling. I had on good happy music in my truck, nothing to get me to lean in that direction, but this brooding feeling just overcame me.
I just wish my mental state would harmonize with my physical state. Is that too much to ask?

Comments:
I get that feeling when I get in my car too. Some days I like to go to work or I'm excited about going to work and other days, it just gets me down to know that I'm about to surrender 8 or 9 hours of life when I could be doing lots of other things.

Is that part of it maybe, you don't ever seem to hate your work, but I don't know.
 
i don't ever hate my work, even during harvest. but maybe i do and i don't even realize it. on a level below my own conciosnes i loath what i do, and i have no idea. who knows, thanks
 
I know sometimes when I get in a funk, getting out of it requires change and inspiration. Maybe your morning was a taste of that but it might not have been altering enough to sustain through the daily grind. This weekend do something really out of the norm to gain a new perspective or insight to revive you more extensively. GO to the snow. Take a drive with a new inspiring CD. Do something that takes you out of your comfort zone but leaves your feeling invigorated when you conquer it.

So anyway, this is what I find to work... because I am all too familiar with getting in funks. Hopefully this helps, otherwise it might just give you a good laugh!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]