Friday, August 17, 2007

internship & goodbye

well this was my first week of interning at a winery part time. a friend of my brothers has a winery in mendota and he always finds himself struggling to get everything done by himself, and when he does get help, it is from the field workers and he can't always come up with the right words in spanish. so i get to help him out with anything and everything, while he gets to help me learn how to make wine in an actual winery, not some makeshift thing. it is really exciting and thus far has been a lot of fun. i was planning on having some pictures up of his winery, but i am doing this from home and not the office, so no pictures, but soon. hopefully with him helping me and him giving me a hand in my winery things should start coming along rather quick. with that said, the beautification day is going to be pushed back quite a bit do to some more ideas and construction stuff that needs to be done before paint goes up. i will let you all know when i do finally pick a date, but don't hold your breath.

and...goodbye. this is my last free night, for a while. i have a family camping trip thing in kingsberg this weekend and my boys have two scrimmages, and then on sunday night, around 8 o'clock....................HARVEST 2007 begins. on our first night we are doing 6 loads. i know that means nothing to most of you, i think adam is the only one who would have a good idea of what that means, but whatever. all you need to know is that, that many loads equals at least 11 hours in the field harvesting, then we clean and prep for monday night. then, monday morning we start our almond harvest and i have to go back to the winery. i have a bad feeling that i am going to be up for at least 3 days before i get to sleep. so, with that said, i am going to take a shower now, it has been a long day.

and ed don't take me off your links during this difficult time, i will keep posting, they will just be spread out and only concern harvest or wine making probably. just please be patient with me. and i will also give this invitation to you all, any who would like to get a taste of what harvest is like, you are welcome to come join me out at the ranch, on top of the harvester, or in my truck depending on when you come out and see what it is all about. adam has come and has had a blast. he's even driven the harvester. if that doesn't sound like too much fun for you, do what my brothers friends do, come out a little late and bring yourself some beers and keep me awake and give me someone to talk to while you get drunk.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]