Monday, March 31, 2008

miam out, napa in!

so i got a call on sat morning letting me know that miami f.c. wasn't going to be calling me. that's a rough way to wake up at 8:30 after a long night of drinking. anyways, with that, napa just got a whole lot sweeter. and on fri my suspicions were confirmed by del dotto estates. i sent an email to the hr rep(?), georgia, she was the one that interviewed me. either way i shot her and email in the late morning letting her know that i was working on housing and things like that, but still interested, and i would keep her up to date on things. about 10 minutes later i got a reply say that was great and to let them know when i could start, hopefully before may. seems like i pretty much have a job. so it may seem quick, but the earlier i get up there, the earlier i get to make more money, and might be able to get some time off work for certain events in the near future. i'm going to wait one more day for the vintners collective before i call them and see whats going on. but if they say no, then it's del dotto here i come.

and can someone give me a hand? is there a rule of thumb on how much of your income you should spend on rent/utilities/etc.? i'm just trying to figure out which places are worth calling and which are not.

and for those who don't know, i now only have one team left to root for.


ROCK, CHALK, JAYHAWK!!

Comments:
Nice memory on the new blog description.
I think that I am going to start writing down some of those phrases and introductions they use MXC and make greeting cards out of them. I will send you one in Napa.
Glad you can still celebrate the small victories in your bracket:)
As far as percentages of rent/utilites go, did you discuss how much you will be making yet? I would make sure I knew that first but I dont know what the proper percentage is.
 
i know what i'll be making, hourly, but as far as sales/tips/commissions, the extra stuff i don't know. $12/hour(atleast, maybe more) to start, for three months.
 
Congrats on the movement forward!

If I were you I'd budget with the hourly wages and figure out what you'll be making. The commissions and tips are not consistent enough to plan.

But I can't say much, I'm not very good with money and budgeting. Good luck!
 
I agree with Becky tips and commissions may just be more of a bonus right now.
I would try to determine how much after taxes you will be taking home (how many hours are you going to be working too) and then also determine how much you will be spending on gas and insurance and a rough estimate on food and things like that too.
I just read though that a general rule is one week's wages per month should be spent on rent. That sounded about right to me.
 
i'll be working full-time, but i don't think i'll be able to live for one weeks pay, especially after taxes. i think it is going to be closer to two weeks. as far as gas, food, etc., i'm going to be living cheap, like bare essentials, until i get my raise and can accept commissions and tips.
 
Always safe to start out on the conservative side. Are you still determined to live alone? I would be the same way, I really dont want to have to live with someone again for many reasons, but it may be worth it for a few months to get a better idea of the area and where you want to live so it isnt a rushed decision you are stuck with and save you some money.
Do you know what you are doing with Suki yet? If I had a yard I would take her in a heartbeat if she doesnt go with you, but if there is any other way I can help out let me know. I would have no problem looking after her at your place if Jamie isnt around.
 
what i think i am going to do is sign no longer than a 6 month lease, and then after i have some time and make a few friends, then maybe i will think about moving in with someone else. i'd actually feel more comfortable living on my own for a while anyway. as for suki, she will be coming with me, atleast thats the plan. if she can't come, then katie gets the first chance, since she got her for me, next would be my parents. either way, i think it will be okay.
 
Hey! As you know, I'm not a blogger, but I thought I'd jump in to say congratulations! Also, when I was going through all of that housing stuff I heard that your rent/mortgage shouldn't be more than 45% of your monthly income, but I'm about 50% and I'm still ok, even after taxes. As for Suki, you know how in love with that dog I am, so if for some reason you aren't able to take her with you, I will absolutely take her!
 
Hi, its pleasant article regarding media print, we all know media is a impressive source of information.


My web page pirater un compte facebook
 
smokeless cigarettes, e cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarettes reviews, smokeless cigarette, electronic cigarettes
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]